The house girls makes it look so easy. When I was living at my brothers house his house girl Matilda did all the laundry, but now that we’ve moved into our own house (right next door) I get to do it 🙂 No problem, this mom of 7 has done laundry aplenty- well at least I thought I had. I realized today that laundry day in the tropics is quite different than laundry day at home. Are you interested in finding out how we do it?
I’ll give you little tutorial…
1. Remove the cockroach protection cloth from the washing machine.
2. Open the lid and fill it with clothes and soap.
3. Hook up the outdoor cable to electricity.
4. Hook up water to the machine.
5. Press start and wait for the water to fill up the laundry machine.
6. Wait 15 minutes while it agitates and then turn it to the next stage- drain.
7. Wait 15 minutes and then turn it to its next stage- spin.
8. Wait 15 minutes and turn it to rinse.
9. Wait 15 minutes and turn it to drain and final spin.
10. Remove clothes from washing machine and hang on outdoor laundry line.
11. Leave until Dry. This can take several days as tropical rain storms come quickly and with a vengeance. (My load from 5 days ago is still on the line).
There you have it. 11 easy steps and a few hours of sunshine and one load of your laundry is clean! I’m sure there is some sort of lesson I could learn from doing laundry the hard/long way but I haven’t figured out what it could be yet. Maybe next laundry day something will come to me!